uKheshe Summer Campaign
Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions for Promotions and Competitions
These general conditions for promotions and competitions apply to competitions and other promotional activities organized by uKheshe Payment Solutions (Pty) Ltd (“Provider”). By participating in the competitions, the participant agrees to the following Competition Terms and Conditions. In addition, each competition and/or other promotion may have specific terms and conditions mentioned in the competition rules.
Qualifying criteria and rules:
- – Only South African citizens or permanent residents between the ages of 18 to 65 may participate in the competition and/or promotion.
- – Excluded from participation are staff and relatives of the Provider and cohabiting partners or family of the aforementioned employees. As well as any participants/suppliers in respect of the particular competition (including advertising agencies, advertisers, sponsors or producers).
- – The participant is obliged to provide accurate, current and complete information when participating in the competition. uKheshe may request a winner, before presenting the award or prize, to provide proof of their identity and residence information.
Multiple entries are not permitted as entries are counted on a per person basis and not by number of quotes obtained. Only participants who are active uKheshe users will be entered into the draw for the prize.
Participation in the competition or promotion requires that all relevant information required to accurately determine the identity of the applicant/participant must be supplied to the Provider.
The decision of uKheshe is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding results and the awarding of the prize or promotional award.
- – The prize is personal and is registered in the name of the winner. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or payable in cash or other products or services. In case of refusal or non-acceptance of the prize or conditions that are inherent to a competition, the prize will not be awarded. In that case, uKheshe is entitled to choose another winner.
- – The prize or promotional award is given in its current state. UKheshe is not responsible for any visible or hidden defects in the prize nor for any damage during delivery (shipping) of the prize.
- – The handling of the delivery of the prize or promotional award is arranged by uKheshe, advertiser/sponsor or another appointed third party. In this last case, uKheshe is not responsible for the delivery of the prize or promotional award. In certain cases the date of delivery of the prize or promotional award will be determined in consultation with the supplier of the prize.
UKheshe is not responsible for any defects or delays caused by delivery or shipping companies (e.g. delays, strikes, damage) with respect to the delivery of the prize or promotional award. When the winner, or a roommate, co-inhabitant or neighbour, isn’t able to receive the prize, the winner may be requested to collect the prize from an agreed location. The Provider shall not be held liable if the prize is not collected or received by the winner or collected by an unauthorized person.
The transfer of ownership of the prize or promotional award is dependent on the cooperation of the applicant and/or winner with the competition or promotional rules and registration process.
In the case of physical delivery of a prize or promotional award uKheshe will be responsible for arranging delivery and will only use the services of professionals.
- – If the prize consists of tickets for concerts, festivals, films, sports events or similar types of events and/or holidays/flights, there can be no claim on any form of compensation in case of cancellation.
Where a prize or promotional award is to be delivered by electronic means there can be no claim of any kind against uKheshe for defects to the validity of the code, data or other electronically transmitted information containing the prize or promotional award and uKheshe as a best endeavor may direct the recipient to a third-party provider for resolution.
- – If the prize includes travel/accommodation abroad for which a passport is required, the participant must be in possession of a valid passport to receive the prize. The prize is not awarded when failing this condition.
- – At the request of uKheshe, the winner(s) of the prize will cooperate in promotional activities to the extent that can be reasonably expected of them, including where agreed publicity regarding the announcements of the winner(s) across all media including radio, television and online. For cooperating with these promotional activities no financial compensation will be paid unless agreed to by uKheshe.
- – Applicants for a competition or promotional award consents to the processing of personal data in connection with participation in the competition or promotion. uKheshe will safely store all entrants and applicant personal information in its database, which is confidential and will be treated in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act.
- – Personal information may be used to execute the competition and the granting of a promotional award. In this context, uKheshe is entitled to provide personal data to third parties involved in the relevant competition (including suppliers, advertisers, sponsors and/or producers) so as to communicate and deliver the prize or granting of the promotional award and in limited instances may share personal information with a competition partner for marketing purposes.
- – Entrants may receive communication from uKheshe related to the products and services it offers and other topical information connected thereto.
- – uKheshe is in no way responsible for any damages arising from participation in the competition or promotion or for any technical malfunctions, failures or delays with respect to participation in the competition or promotion or the appointment of the winner or the receipt of a promotional award.
- uKheshe is in no way responsible for any problems or defects arising from the use of the App, Website and/or downloading any components whatsoever in relation to the competition or promotion.
- uKheshe is entitled to, at its discretion and without notice, change or modify these terms and conditions specific to the competitions or promotions without giving a reason to discontinue, modify or adapt the competition for reasons of its own without any obligation to compensate any damages on behalf of the participant. Any changes or adaptations within the competition, will be made public in an appropriate manner (e.g. via its website).
uKheshe reserves the right to amend or alter these terms, the conditions of a competition, the requirements of a promotion at any time and reject entries from entrants who act outside of the fair spirit of the competition and/or promotions.
uKheshe is the proprietary holder of all information resulting from the competition or promotion.
uKheshe is an Authorised Financial Services Provider, FSP 45133
Updated: 8 November 2019
uKheshe let's you do quick payments to anyone, anywhere. Easily pay your gardener, house keeper or car guard, best of all, they don't need a bank account.